Friday, April 25, 2008

Gary Numan

I hadn't thought about him for a decade - I think I may have bought a vinyl version of Replicas about then. But flying home from Wellington yesterday, reading the Mojo feature on him, I was having a musical emergency. I needed me some Gary Numan: back when I was first getting serious about music, it was because of people like him showing up on Radio With Pictures and doing things I'd never considered. The Mojo article was a very good reminder of what I had liked about him.

And so I leapt into my car and made a beeline for Real Groovy, to discover that Replicas has been re-released to mark its 30 year anniversary (unfortunately my need for Gary Numan didn't stop me buying half a dozen other CD's). I had it playing before I'd left Litchfield street, and was once again enraptured by "Are Freinds Electric":

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tomatohead said...

RRR has been giving Gary Numan a right thrashing, and it's been great to rediscover him. Nice to see that Replicas endures.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home